https://nextchurch.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/10/2022/12/Town-Hall-news-and-announcements1920-×-1005-px.png 1005 1920 Jen James /wp-content/uploads/sites/10/2016/01/NEXT-Logo-FINAL-Horizontal_lato-1030x229.png Jen James2022-12-15 12:09:272023-11-06 17:34:05What’s Next for NEXT Church
We are grateful for so many supporters who attended our Town Hall Meeting on Tuesday, December 13, 2022. NEXT Church leadership shared a lot of information about our future along with some exciting announcements. Check out what you missed!
Here are the highlights:
- NEXT Church has shifted its staffing model to build a foundation for the future. These changes include hiring Rev. Larissa Kwong Abazia as Designated Strategic Director and promoting Jen James to Program and Operations Director.
- The results of the Race Equity Audit were officially released to the public after months of internal work and sharing among smaller groups, including attendees of the 2022 National Gathering. The full report and its findings are available on our website.
- In a strategic decision to create space for organizational discernment, there will not be a National Gathering in 2023. NEXT Church is committed to “strengthening connections across the Church” and hopes to gather church leaders again in future years in ways leading to deeper connections and greater impact.
- NEXT Church is engaging in a season of listening, learning, and discernment. You can join us by registering for a Learning Circle as we unpack the values that shape us. Read more about the Learning Circles and register today.
- We are delighted and humbled to announce NEXT Church has received a substantial grant from Lilly Endowment to fund our Preaching for Change project. This project stands at the intersection of who NEXT Church has been and the commitment to continually listen to the needs of Christian leaders in order to serve their communities and the world. Stay tuned for more information!
- We hope you will consider engaging in the NEXT Church movement as we seek to financially ground the organization for the future. Our current goal is to raise $50,000 in the next 6-8 weeks. If you or your congregation are able to consider a gift now or pledge for 2023, we value your partnership.