We are encouraged and energized by those who attended our Town Hall Meeting on Thursday, September 28, 2023. NEXT Church leadership shared some updates and we heard from so many of our leaders in the network. Check out what you missed!
Here are some highlights:
- NEXT Church is refining how we embody our work. This is happening in three ways:
- Accompaniment – standing alongside leaders as we all engage in the work of ministry
- Co-Creators – creating a space for all to engage
- Co-Conspirators/Collaborators – learning from one another and trusting the knowledge in the room
- Our Preaching for Change initiative has done a lot of listening and had a lot of conversations with others. We hope to launch in November with an invitation for cohorts to apply for the first round. Grab 5-8 colleagues or church members who want to dig into moving your congregation through changes using preaching as a moment of impact. Stay tuned for more information coming soon!
- NEXT Church has a new antiracism resource called “Antiracism as a Way of Being” coming this fall in partnership with Crossroads Antiracism Organizing and Training.
- A sub team of the Vision Team has been meeting to consider a National Gathering in this season. We are planning a National Gathering for Spring 2024! Stay tuned!!
- Please consider supporting NEXT Church with a financial gift, both individually and as a church.