ABOUT THE COACHING COHORT
Dig deeper into the theme of the NEXT Church National Gathering with this coaching cohort. The cohort will focus on a praxis model of action/reflection through a variety of spiritual practices with the intent of discerning healthy and sustainable ways for each of us to honor the gifts of our ministries as we live through these liminal times.
- Participants will learn alongside a cohort of peers, receive both group and individual coaching from a trained coach.
- Each session will include 90 minutes of small group coaching.
- Additionally, every participant will receive 5 individual coaching sessions to further deepen their work. Individual coaching must be completed within 5 months of the cohort start.
- This cohort will begin in Spring 2022 and will meet on Wednesdays from 12:00-1:30pm ET (9:00am-10:30pm PT) on March 9, March 30, April 6, April 27, May 11, and May 25.
- Spaces are limited to keep the cohort experience small.
- Cost is $550 per participant and includes free live-streaming access to the National Gathering, for those not attending the National Gathering in person.
Registration closes on March 4, or when the cohort fills.
This cohort is no longer available for registration.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE LEADERS
LeAnn Hodges is the mother of 3 school aged boys, wife and daughter of teachers, sister of a social worker, granddaughter of small town farmers, lover of creativity, former engineer, grateful pastor of a spunky little church in metro DC, ICF trained coach, and beloved child of God. She is passionate about helping people live into the fullness of their calling (hello enneagram 2!) and joyfully participating in the sorrows and celebrations of life. As a former engineer, she embraces a systems approach to leadership, and has worked with a family systems trained leadership coach for over 10 of my 20 years of ordained ministry. LeAnn believes the greatest challenge and opportunity for the church today is to engage in the work of dismantling the culture of white supremacy and to proclaim and reclaim the gospel of the one who came to decolonize empire only to have been colonized by an institution that too often uses religion to control and oppress those Jesus came to liberate.
Shani McIlwain wants to live in a world free of intolerance, racism and hate. You will find her a multi-tasking type, working not only as a best-selling author, but also as a group facilitator and an executive coach that leads individuals and groups in faithful and transparent conversations of dismantling racism and white supremacy.
Shani is the current Vice-Moderator for National Capital Presbytery. She is a Ruling Elder at Faith Presbyterian Church (Washington, DC), serving on CPM, Spiritual Formation, Co-Chair for the Young Adult Volunteer Board, Co-Moderator of Black Presbyterians United, and a NEXT Church strategy team member.
If you have not picked up one of Shani’s books you can see her each and every Monday as she hosts The Sharing With Shani Show, highlighting ordinary people working for an extraordinary God, sharing love, light, and life. Shani greets her listeners with a lot of truth, a sprinkle of humor, but most important love.
NEXT Church is committed to making resources accessible to everyone, regardless of church or personal budgets.
To inquire about cohort stipends or for other coaching cohort questions, contact Jen James.