1. Nurturing a Culture of Adaptive Leadership for Sessions and Boards – LeAnn Hodges & Alex McNeill
Topics will include:
- What is your strategic intelligence? Identifying your leadership style.
- Equipping lay leadership: Leading from a place of abundance and humility.
- Setting a group culture: Aligning purpose with process.
- The art of getting the right people in the room: Nominating and onboarding new members.
- Pay attention to power: Power dynamics and the impact on group culture.
- How to run a life-giving meeting: Getting it done while having fun.
Date/Time: third Thursdays from 2-3:30pm eastern, starting Sept 19
LeAnn Hodges is the pastor of Oaklands Presbyterian Church in Laurel, Maryland, a member of National Capital Presbytery’s Transformation Team, and is one step away from completing the requirements to be an ICF certified leadership coach.
Alex Patchin McNeill is the Executive Director of More Light Presbyterians, a faith organization working for LGBTQIA+ inclusion in churches and communities nationwide. Alex is a trained coach through the ICF and coaches with a particular focus on strategic and transformational change.
2. Leadership Essentials for the Church That Is Becoming – MaryAnn McKibben Dana & Martha Spong
Topics will include:
- Technical and adaptive leadership
- Creating a learning culture — evaluation that transforms
- Coaching leaders for change
- Honoring and disrupting
- Resistance to change
- Leadership for the long haul — self-care, play, balancing short and long-term thinking
Date/Time: second Wednesdays from 2-3:30 eastern, starting Sept 11
MaryAnn McKibben Dana is an Associate Certified Coach (ACC) with the International Coach Federation; an author, speaker, and free-range pastor; and a former co-chair of NEXT Church.
Martha Spong is an Associate Certified Coach (ICF), executive director of RevGalBlogPals, and co-author of Denial is My Spiritual Practice (and Other Failures of Faith).
Yena K. Hwang (M.Div. 1997 and M.A.M.F.T. 2006) is the Associate Pastor for Christian Formation at Fairfax Presbyterian Church in Virginia. She received coaching training with the Holmes Coaching Group through the National Capital Presbytery and is working towards ICF certification process.