https://next.myworshiptimes31.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/55/2014/12/ornament.jpg 427 640 Jessica Tate /wp-content/uploads/sites/55/2016/01/NEXT-Logo-FINAL-Horizontal_lato-1030x229.png Jessica Tate2014-11-25 19:38:512016-04-30 16:36:16Multi-Media Resources for Advent
Looking for media to complement your Advent worship services? Here are some resources for videos, pageant scripts, storytelling, and sanctuary decor!
- Some adorably hipster children from Auckland, NZ tell the Christmas story.
- Sermon Spice, while leaning towards the evangelical end of the spectrum, offers affordable intro pieces.
- Casey FitzGerald has a biblical storytelling guide for the Luke 1-2 birth story
- Here are some great children’s books to help tell the Christmas story
- Create a star by drilling holes in a piece of plywood. Hand out glow sticks to congregants, and invite them to come forward to light the star.
- Feature a Jesse tree: plant a dead branch in the middle of the sanctuary and decorate with ornaments representing the old testament stories leading up to Christ’s birth.
- Make candle-light services safer for kids by offering battery-operate candles for little ones to hold.
- Try targeting experiential learners (millennials and toddlers alike!) with an interactive Advent experience. Create contemplative prayer stations that are sensory driven–textures (straw or hay from the manger, lamb’s wool, pine needles), tastes, smells (frankincense, myrrh, pine, cinnamon), and sounds that connect to the holiday season and the Christmas story.