- Teach clergy and lay leaders to apply the basic universals and disciplines of community organizing to their ministry contexts.
- Provide tools for those engaged in the work of congregational transformation, new church development, and neighborhood/organizational revitalization.
- Guide participants in theological reflection about systemic change.
- Spark leaders’ imaginations in the effective use of technology as an organizing tool.
- Nurture participants as they establish for themselves new patterns of leadership.
- Connect leaders to an established support network.
The total cost of the program is $750.00 plus travel, room, and board. The $70.00 registration fee will be applied to the total program cost. Full payment of the program fee is due October 20 (or negotiated).
Scholarships are no longer available due to demand.
Only a few slots remain for the program. Please email Jessica Tate if you are interested in obtaining one. We’d like to be in conversation.
You are welcome to stay wherever you might like for the training, but we have arranged two options for you.
1) Lord Baltimore Hotel – 20 W. Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21201
is a boutique hotel just .8 miles from Light Street Presbyterian. It is located on the Charm City Circulator (free downtown bus) route, as is Light Street Presbyterian Church. Single and double rooms are available at the conference rate, with additional people at small additional cost. Please reserve by Monday, October 9th.
- $100/night + taxes
- There will be a reduced parking fee of $15/day for self-parking.
- There is a fitness center.
- To register:
- Call 855-539-1928 and mention the “NEXT Training Conference”
- We will send the reservation link as soon as it is available.
2) The Center – 210 W. Madison Street, Baltimore, MD 21201 (located at First and Franklin Presbyterian Church)
is a Presbyterian mission center that is opening its bunk style accommodations for our participants. It has bunk beds in shared rooms, a living area, a shared kitchen, and dorm-style bathrooms. It is 2 miles from the training site at Light Street Presbyterian Church.
Location & Accessibility
We are delighted to be partnering with Light Street Presbyterian Church (809 Light St., Baltimore, MD 21230) to host our training in Baltimore! Its downtown location gives us access to both the Inner Harbor and parts of Baltimore that are more accurate representations of the people who actually live there. The location will require ability to walk up and down stairs, so please be in touch with me (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible if this is problematic for you. There will not be parking at the church, but we are looking into close-by options for those driving in.
Email NEXT Church director Jessica Tate.