- Teach clergy and lay leaders to apply the basic universals and disciplines of community organizing to their ministry contexts.
- Provide tools for those engaged in the work of congregational transformation, new church development, and neighborhood/organizational revitalization.
- Guide participants in theological reflection about systemic change.
- Spark leaders’ imaginations in the effective use of technology as an organizing tool.
- Nurture participants as they establish for themselves new patterns of leadership.
- Connect leaders to an established support network.
To receive the certificate, participants will need to attend the week-long intensive training in Baltimore AND participate in 12 distance learning sessions between November and April. It is possible to attend only the week-long intensive, but those who do so will not be eligible to receive the certificate.
Cost for certificate program (week-long and distance learning): $1,098
Cost for week-long intensive only: $799
(This cost information was for the 2018 training and certificate program. 2019 costs may differ and will be published by the time registration opens.)
Email NEXT Church director Jessica Tate.