- Teach clergy and lay leaders to apply the basic universals and disciplines of community organizing to their ministry contexts.
- Provide tools for those engaged in the work of congregational transformation, new church development, and neighborhood/organizational revitalization.
- Guide participants in theological reflection about systemic change.
- Spark leaders’ imaginations in the effective use of technology as an organizing tool.
- Nurture participants as they establish for themselves new patterns of leadership.
- Connect leaders to an established support network.
To receive the certificate, participants will need to attend the week-long intensive training in Baltimore AND participate in 12 distance learning sessions between November and April. It is possible to attend only the week-long intensive, but those who do so will not be eligible to receive the certificate.
We have arranged for two housing options for the week-long intensive training in Baltimore.
Rooms are available at The Center for $25/night (per person) starting Sunday evening, October 21. The accommodations are bunk beds in shared dorm-style housing. There is a full kitchen, dining area, living room, and bathrooms that include 5 showers. There also is free Wifi and a washer and dryer are available for your use. Those staying at The Center must move out Friday morning to make way for another group coming in that night. To stay at The Center, please fill out this form.
A hotel option will be published here soon.
Cost for certificate program (week-long and distance learning): $1,098
Cost for week-long intensive only: $799
The cost includes training and some meals during the week-long intensive training. Housing and additional meals are not included.
All payments will be made via check.
A $100 non-refundable deposit is required to complete your registration and hold your spot.
For those participating in the week-long intensive ONLY: $699 is due before October 21 OR $799 is due all at once (to hold your spot and pay for the training).
For those participating in the week-long intensive AND the distance learning to receive the certificate: $699 is due before October 21 and $299 is due by January 31, 2019, OR $1,098 is due all at once (to hold your spot and pay for the certificate program).
A limited number of scholarships for both the week-long training and certificate program are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Scholarships will cover 50% of registration. Please indicate your interest in a scholarship upon registering and we will send you more information about availability and a revised payment plan. Scholarship recipients are asked to send in the $100 deposit to secure a spot.
Email NEXT Church director Jessica Tate.