COMMUNITY ORGANIZING FOR CHURCH LEADERS
Johnson C. Smith Theological Seminary and NEXT Church are partnering to offer trainings in community organizing that are current, well-resourced, and explicitly anti-racist. Our approach to these trainings will:
- equip church leaders (ordained and lay) to use community organizing disciplines to
strengthen congregational work,
- empower public citizens to shape their communities, and
- encourage churches as institutions to be agents of justice (economic, social, racial) and change.
These trainings are currently in development. We plan to open registration this summer for fall trainings.
Focusing on a particular topic or technique
Introductory training focusing on using elements of organizing within congregations
Johnson C. Smith / NEXT Church Certificate in Community Organizing Training
- Develop three levels of offerings/trainings that will meet people where they are and funnel them into deeper connections with practices of community organizing.
- Provide participants with tools that are grounded in community organizing practices and anti-racist commitments and can be used immediately.
- Deliver both 2-day and week-long trainings that transform leaders’ ability to address the needs of the wider community and improve the functioning of their congregations.
- Ensure content remains current by scheduling regular review by experts in the field and former participants.
- Facilitate an approach to training that promotes relationships within the cohort and creates a community in which members share experiences and support each other long-term.
GET MORE INFO
Want to be the first to know when registration for our organizing trainings opens up? Sign up here and we’ll send you an email before everyone else!
Send us an Email.