Call for Workshop Leaders
at the NEXT Church National Gathering
First Presbyterian Church in Atlanta, GA
February 22-24, 2016
The planning team is seeking workshops (75 minutes in length) that are engaging and thoughtful, sparking new ideas and approaches to ministry. These workshops can be held on-site or off-site in Atlanta. Please consider the Gathering description and questions below when discerning workshop topics and leaders.
Do you have a workshop you would like to offer at this year’s NEXT Gathering? Please fill out the online form by Sunday, September 6 to submit a proposal.
Do you have a workshop you’d like to see offered or someone you’d like to see offer a workshop? Make your suggestions here.
Questions? Be in touch with Jen James (firstname.lastname@example.org), one of our workshop coordinators.
Faith at the Crossroads
What’s at stake?
For you? For your congregation? For your community?
This NEXT Church National Gathering — timed at the beginning of Lent — will engage questions that invite us into the transformative power of reconciliation and inspire us by the stories of those witnesses who go before us. We will ask:
- How do we navigate the choices before us in faith-filled, Christ-honoring ways?
- What’s at stake in the mission of the church today? Why does the church matter to the world?
- What does it look like when the community of faith engages in reconciling work in a fractured city?
- For what are we willing to give up the past and present form of the church we know and love? For what are we willing to sacrifice ourselves and lose our lives?
- How do we practice the reconciling work about which we preach without giving in to partisanship or confines of ideology?
- How do we give voice to places of sin, brokenness, and violence without becoming stuck and overcome by guilt, but able to move forward in hope and humility?